Monday 26 March 2012

Swan Deva sunset crescent

2012/3/26


The sunset crescent of Swan Deva as seen from Tochigi Japan on March 24, 2012 at 6:30 PM. This is the youngest sliver of a SC that I have ever encountered.It is almost impossible to make out what you are seeing. You see Venus near the top, Jupiter below and then the sunset crescent below it looking like a dot and not the sliver that it appeared to be in the Naked eye.



 I wasn't even planning on looking for it on my way to Aikido this evening. But there I was just humming along listening to Utada's “A.S.A.P” if I remember correctly (what a surprise), smoking a baby cigar and just having the best drive ever and as I turned around a gentle curve to the south-west I spotted Jupiter and Venus and just as a thought was forming-there it was! Stunningly slight and perfectly horizontal, like an Egyptian boat taken out of the hieroglyphs, delicate and calling out, “Hey, here I am. Surprise!” I was floored at seeing it so early in the shift and actually had to stop the car and gaze at it for a few minutes and hence the picture. It was shortly after this that I felt this was to be a repeat of the Swan Deva/Nairatmya shift again and was not too surprised to see the Navigator confirm this a bit later. If this second round is anything like the first one, well, all bets are off. I look forward to deepening my experience of this apogee that I am right in the middle of as I write this. Anyway, this is a rather light first blog entry to get the ball rolling. I hope you all get a kick out of this SC shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment